Who doesn’t love a Good bowl of Hot French Onion Soup ? Think its a hard task? it’s not. This is not only a quick recipe that can be ready in no time, but it is so hardy too. In this version of French onion soup I like ALOT of melted cheese . But you can adjust the slices of cheese , more or less based on your prefence . The following is the basic receipe , for two large ramken bowls , or onion soup crocs.
- 4 cups of onions
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoon of Cooking sherry
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Toasted French Baquet about 2 slices per bowl
- 4 Slices of Swiss cheese
- 8 Slices of Slicing Provolone Cheese
- Sprinkled Grated Pecorino cheese for the top of each Ramken or Onion Crocs
- 2 tablespoons of Kitchen Bouquet
- Cracked Black pepper and Salt (THIS AMOUNT Is Up to You)
- Carmelize your onions in your butter and olive oil. While your onions are Carmelizing add the Cracked Black pepper and salt . I carmelize my onions in a Dutch oven on medium flame on top of my stove. Carmlize until your onions are clear, NOT BROWN. Then add your beef broth , cooking sherry, dried thyme , and Kitchen Bouquet (Browning & Seasoing Sauce) . Simmer for forty minutes, and turning occasionally. Toast your French baquet on both sides, under your broiler turning as needed.
- Leave oven on Broil or Bake. Remove French baquet and cut into pieces. Ladel soup into crocs once cooking time has been reached . Put your French baquet pieces into the French Onion soup , put your layers of chesses on top of soup sprinkle wth your grated cheese. Bake or Broil on a baking sheet until bubbly.
Love ❤️ through Food is My Motto