- I remember my mother making stuffed frying peppers all so well. It’s seems like yesterday that she would whip them up so easly for us in our family italian kitchen. This dish was a very reasonable priced vegetable to make, but it tasted like a delicacy. Ingredients:
This receipe I made was for only Four (4) Italian Frying Peppers. Make adjustments if making more peppers.
- 4 Italian Frying Peppers
- 1 Green Onion Chopped or 1/4 of medium onion chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves Chopped
- 4 slices of crusty bread chopped
- 4 tabelspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 handful of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 can 8 oz of Tomato sauce plus 1 can of water * from your 8 oz can (Mom’s Recipe)
- 1 12 oz Mason Jar of Homemade Roma Tomatoes (My Recipe) “How to Can Roma Tomatoes Recipe coming soon ! My twist on this Recipe is useing my own canned Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of Grated pecorino cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil and in butter, till slightly golden. Add your bread crumbs and push down your bread crumbs with the end of your fork, while sauteing . Mix well untill well blended while sauteing . Remove from heat , and add your chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Salt and peppper is always a required ingredient when cooking. In most of all my recipes I don’t like to tell people exactly how much salt and pepper for you to use. I always say ( to put to taste ) , because some people like more then others . Unless of course you are baking and need exact measurements. Then add your grated pecorino cheese and beaten egg. Mix untill blended. You’re stuffing for your peppers should be moist in consistencey, not dry. Cut off ends of your frying peppers ( remove seeds) and stuff with stuffing. If making my mothers recipe add tomato sauce and one can of water, and add your sauce to the bottom of a covered non stick pan. If making my recipe add homemade canned Roma tomatoes. Place your Stuffed Peppers on top of your sauce , and cook covered for at least forty minutes or until fork tender, turning carefully during cooking time.
Love ❤️ through Cooking is My Motto!!