- I love having salads and being creative too! This consists of simply Romane and. Iceberg lettuce. With all my favorite added fixings, let your taste buds free get crazy and creative there are no Rules.
I had to go to a wonderful family Bridal Shower this weekend, on the way home I couldn’t resist stoping at a few of my favorite Vegetable Stands and Bakery to name a few. I love being able to park your car and walk one block and buy anything you need to create a great meal right at your fingertips. I was lucky enough to find these super tiny eggplants and thought I’ll buy them and Stuff and Bake them! I also picked up some delicious Crusty Italian Bread and dessert too. Now mind you I have made this recipe before with baby Eggplants but these were really little so I used the same recipe on theses cute little eggplants and they came out just as Delicious .
- Eggplant ( Small Size Works Best).
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs. I had 11 Eggplants so I used 2 Cups
- 3 tbs. Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
Wash and cut off ends of Eggplants .
In a mixing bowl bring together all the above ingredients , and mix well. Once the Breadcrumb stuffing is incorporated it’s time to stuff your eggplants. Without breaking them apart , crack eggplants open and sprinkle your breadcrumb stuffing into each one. Place the Eggplants after they are stuffed into a baking dish.
Pouring enough water to cover just the the sides of the eggplant, as shown. Drizzling the tops of each eggplant with extra virgin olive oil and cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees until soft .
Love ❤️Through Food is My Motto!
Although this receipe may take eight hours to make, believe me it’s worth the wait. It has simple ingredients and delicious flavor.
- 2 Eggplants about six (6) pounds
- 2 Ball Mason Jars
- 1 Large Bottle White Vinegar
- Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dried Garlic Powder
- Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- Dried Italian Seasoning
Peel your eggplants cut them into 1/4 thick strips, and they should be no longer then three inches in length. Place your Eggplant strips into a collander, sprinkle your eggplant strips with salt untill well coated. Place your collander with your eggplant strips in a large pot this will help while catching the drippings from the Eggplant. You need to put a large plate with a heavy object on top of the Eggplant strips such as a can to sit on top of the plate causing pressure to release the Eggplant Juices. This is a Six to Eight hour process. Once you are done , place Eggplant in large bowl cover all of your Eggplant with white vinegar let sit on counter for two more hours. Once complete drain your eggplant and squeeze well. The Eggplant will look very wormy at this point , and be seedy. First I rinse the Eggplant under cold running water then to remove the seeds I spin the Eggplant in my salad spinner. If you do not have a salad spinner that is o.k., shake the collander as much as you can to remove the seeds. Place the Eggplant strips into a large mixing bowl , with the above ingredients. Mix till well coated with all of the dry ingredients, sprinkle with olive oil turning lighltly depending on your Taste Buds adjust to your liking. In your sterlized Wide Mouth Mason Jars, fill your Eggplant. Fill with Extra Virgin Olvie Oil just below the rim of your jars. Place in a cool dry place in your cubard in two months. Get ready for a Delicious well worth taste of heaven!
Love ❤️ Through Food is My Motto
- I remember my mother making stuffed frying peppers all so well. It’s seems like yesterday that she would whip them up so easly for us in our family italian kitchen. This dish was a very reasonable priced vegetable to make, but it tasted like a delicacy. Ingredients:
This receipe I made was for only Four (4) Italian Frying Peppers. Make adjustments if making more peppers.
- 4 Italian Frying Peppers
- 1 Green Onion Chopped or 1/4 of medium onion chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves Chopped
- 4 slices of crusty bread chopped
- 4 tabelspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 handful of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 can 8 oz of Tomato sauce plus 1 can of water * from your 8 oz can (Mom’s Recipe)
- 1 12 oz Mason Jar of Homemade Roma Tomatoes (My Recipe) “How to Can Roma Tomatoes Recipe coming soon ! My twist on this Recipe is useing my own canned Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of Grated pecorino cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil and in butter, till slightly golden. Add your bread crumbs and push down your bread crumbs with the end of your fork, while sauteing . Mix well untill well blended while sauteing . Remove from heat , and add your chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Salt and peppper is always a required ingredient when cooking. In most of all my recipes I don’t like to tell people exactly how much salt and pepper for you to use. I always say ( to put to taste ) , because some people like more then others . Unless of course you are baking and need exact measurements. Then add your grated pecorino cheese and beaten egg. Mix untill blended. You’re stuffing for your peppers should be moist in consistencey, not dry. Cut off ends of your frying peppers ( remove seeds) and stuff with stuffing. If making my mothers recipe add tomato sauce and one can of water, and add your sauce to the bottom of a covered non stick pan. If making my recipe add homemade canned Roma tomatoes. Place your Stuffed Peppers on top of your sauce , and cook covered for at least forty minutes or until fork tender, turning carefully during cooking time.
Love ❤️ through Cooking is My Motto!!
- Zucchini Is rich in Folate (for cell devlopment, and help to produce Red blood cells to name a few . Some zucchini come in dark green to yellow in color. This is a simple 7 minute steamed vegetable recipe , any beginner can do.
I used one 8 inch zucchini in a 1 1/2 quart coverd pot. I have a metal steamer but you can feel free to use any type steamer you have , or whatever you feel comfortable with will work just fine . Clean and chop your zucchini , chop up your 2 garlic cloves , set aside . Bring your water level up to your basket level place zucchini , garlic , and salt and Pepper into basket. Cover on Medium heat once it comes to a full rolling boil lower heat and steam for 7 minutes .
Remove the zucchini from the steamer and serve with a splash of evo and enjoy !
Love ❤️ through Food is my Motto !