Did you Escarole is Loaded with Vitamin K, A, and rich in dietery Fiber?
- 3 tablespoon EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 lb of Escarole
- 1 15 oz can Cannellini beans
- 1 tbs. of Better then Bouillon, Chicken base follow directions on jar , or 1 can of chicken stock
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- salt & pepper of your liking
- 1/2 cup of saute’ pepperoni, or sausage in olive oil ** You can leave the Meat out for my Vegan friends **
Clean and wash your Escarole well under cool running water. Making sure all leaves are cleaned from any dirt or sand. If you have some time you can even soak the head upside down in a cold water pot, lifting up then rinsing. You would be surprised how much dirt is lifted during this process. I brake the the Escarole by hand and place into a colander and set aside. Start to sauté your garlic till fragrant. Add Escarole it should only be rinsed off not dry . Cook down turning while cooking on medium heat . Add chicken base or chicken stock , cook for 15 minutes. Add you’re Cannellini Beans and cook another 5 minutes just enough to heat up the Cannellini Beans. Sprinkle with a good parmesan cheese , and serve up with a good crusty bread. *** If you are making your dish with any of the above meats mentioned saute’ in olive oil first till golden brown, then proceed with the next steps listed in this recipe .